Find your next job.
Explore exciting projects and roles within global, innovative and well-respected companies.
Creative Director: VFX & Content Design
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Employment type: Permanent
Hours per week: 40
Description ID: A-2224
Our client who is a full-service digital agency is seeking a skilled Creative Director: VFX and Content Design to partner with clients, 3rd party suppliers and internal teams in delivering exceptional visual storytelling experiences across a variety of predefined products and platforms. The Creative Director will drive innovation and strengthen the agency’s quality of work whilst building the agency’s creative makers offering.
What you will do:
- Receive and interrogate briefs and be able to provide direction and creatively execute work according to clients’ and agency specified requirements to the best of your abilities.
- Mentor, upskill and lead a team of Designers across visual effects, animation and digital design expertise.
Manage the following:
- Project guidance and direction (across multiple disciplines).
- Provide direction on current and emerging design trends and technologies.
- Content ideation and creation
- Motion and cinemagraph content pieces
- Banner production direction (HTML 5 + GIF)
- Dynamic creative solutions and implementation
- Rich media advertising design direction
- Email communication design direction
- Visual effects and content design team output reviews
- Presentation creation and crafting
- Media handovers and asset preparation production methodologies
- Client and internal briefings/presentations
- Project planning assistance
- Scoping and costing
- New business proposal creation and conversion
- Exploration of new emerging technologies
- Integration relationship and process management
- Mentorship and thought leadership
- Innovation and award case study creation
- Efficiency solutions and process implementation
- Departmental strategy assistance
- Team performance management and career development planning assistance
- Client relationship management
The qualifications you will need:
- Over 8 years industry experience.
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- Strong portfolio of Visual Effects and Digital design work.
- Proficient in utilising Adobe products focusing on Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects.
- Positive can-do attitude.
- Organised and efficient.
- Empathetic towards others.
- Strong leader contributing towards positive and respectful collaboration.
- Ability to perform within a high-pressure environment.
- A superb eye for design with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent understanding of Marketing, Digital strategy, Media and social channels.
- Experience in presenting design work to clients.
- Take initiative and follow a self-leadership approach.
- Proven experience working with a diverse team of Project Managers, Strategists, Art Directors, Copywriters, Social and Content Specialists.
- Ability to articulate and defend design decisions.
- Excellent in producing Creative assets across a variety of digital platforms and channels.
- Good understanding of dynamic creative and rich media technologies.
- Experience leading and managing design projects.
- Ability to oversee and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong capability partnering with client teams.
Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
TO APPLY ENTER YOUR EMAIL BELOW
"Our passion for connecting talented people is our purposeful imperative."
- Matt Jankelow, CEO and Founder.
Your career, our priority. Driven by our mission of creating fulfilling careers and transforming marketing teams, we are guided by our values of professionalism, authenticity, accountability and care.
With over 20 years as global recruitment specialists, we enable our highly-skilled people to work for leading and innovative clients. Knowing the global market, let us best match your unique experience and skills to our global opportunities. What are you waiting for?Back to Jobs