Find your next job.
Explore exciting projects and roles within global, innovative and well-respected companies.
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Employment type: Permanent
Hours per week: 40
Description ID: A-2240
Our client who is a shared value insurance company whose purpose and ambition are achieved through a pioneering business model that incentivises people to be healthier and enhances and protects their lives, is seeking a talented Language Practitioner to write, rewrite, edit and proofread a variety of marketing and communication material. The successful candidate will ensure that all written material complies with company standards, legislative and regulatory requirements and industry best practice.
What you will do:
- Editing, rewriting and proofreading a wide variety of content from different business areas, ensuring that the content is consistent with the organisation’s language guidelines and plain-language principles.
- Copy editing, writing, translating, interpreting, terminology management, tone of documents and putting docs into plain language.
- Writing original copy for a variety of communication channels based on briefs from different business areas.
- Providing professional language advice to all stakeholders.
- Generating creative ideas and providing strategic input and constructive feedback on content-related issues.
The qualifications you will need:
- Three-year undergraduate degree (English, Linguistics, Journalism, Marketing, Communication or another relevant field).
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant field (advantageous).
- SATI accreditation in English copyediting (preferred).
- Certificate or diploma in plain-language editing (preferred).
- Extensive experience in copywriting and copyediting, especially in a business or technical environment.
- Specific experience in plain-language editing.
- Experience in digital communication.
- High level of computer literacy, including the ability to research online and learn how to use new electronic tools.
- Exceptional grasp of English language principles.
- A keen understanding of and interest in plain language.
Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
TO APPLY ENTER YOUR EMAIL BELOW
"Our passion for connecting talented people is our purposeful imperative."
- Matt Jankelow, CEO and Founder.
Your career, our priority. Driven by our mission of creating fulfilling careers and transforming marketing teams, we are guided by our values of professionalism, authenticity, accountability and care.
With over 20 years as global recruitment specialists, we enable our highly-skilled people to work for leading and innovative clients. Knowing the global market, let us best match your unique experience and skills to our global opportunities. What are you waiting for?Back to Jobs