Find your next job.
Explore exciting projects and roles within global, innovative and well-respected companies.
Senior Marketing Manager
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Employment type: Permanent
Hours per week: 40
Description ID: A-2245
Our client who is a shared value insurance company whose purpose and ambition are achieved through a pioneering business model that incentivises people to be healthier and enhances and protects their lives, is seeking a talented Senior Marketing Manager to partner with the business to develop and implement integrated, strategically aligned marketing solutions and deliver Marketing, PR, written communications and brand projects. The ideal candidate will operationalise strategy through project management and deliver within budget, applying best practice marketing principles and leveraging key partnerships internally and externally. They will also provide specialist Marketing advice to stakeholders and be responsible for managing, coordinating and coaching a team.
What you will do:
Manage the Marketing Department and provides marketing direction and support across the BUs:
- Provide input into the Marketing, Brand and Communication Strategy.
- Implement the Marketing, Brand and Communication Strategy, operational plan and targets for area of responsibility.
- Implement principles and workflows to ensure the Marketing strategy is aligned to the organisation’s Marketing model and overall business strategy.
- Implement fit for purpose Marketing systems, policies and practices and continually review and improve on them.
- Create innovative, consistent, integrated solutions to improve business practices, processes and synergies to increase sales, efficiencies or effectiveness.
- Unpack complexity and provide new ideas and thought leadership to drive sales and engagement with Brand.
- Secure approval for all content relating to the organisation's reputation destined for internal and external publication.
- Work cross-functionally to help develop advertising and promotional programmes, pricing and positioning and manage information flow between the department, clients and service providers.
- Collate, compile and report on key business metrics.
- Propose initiatives and identify opportunities for growth, expansion or new direction.
Manage people and ensures continuous improvement and professional development:
- Foster an environment conducive to cross-functional skills transfer and integrate and harness team specialities and talent.
- Cultivate an environment where creativity and innovation are encouraged and provide necessary guidance, coaching and support in this regard.
- Ensure the team is highly motivated, challenged and supported.
- Implement fit for purpose marketing systems, policies and practices and continually review and improve on them.
- Recruit and develop quality staff as required in consultation with the Head of Marketing and HR.
- Ensure staff are clear about their roles, procedures and practices - conduct regular performance contracting and review processes.
- Delegate responsibility and authority whilst monitoring and managing performance.
- Maintain up to date professional and technical knowledge and keep abreast of industry trends and pertinent legislation.
- Ensure the team has excellent product and technical knowledge in order to deliver strategy and build brand.
- Contribute to team success by ensuring team commitment and cohesion; value individual contributions and show respect for others.
- Respect diversity and encourage an environment that values inclusivity.
Build and manage operational relationships with internal stakeholders:
- Interface with senior business colleagues to contribute to the brand or communication strategy.
- Research local and international trends and business enablers and make recommendations for their customisation and incorporation into operations.
- Provide expert guidance to colleagues on industry best practice.
- Participate in meetings and forums to share knowledge, encourage innovation and manage complexities.
- Manage, balance and align customer requirements and quality of service to build brand presence and strength.
- Use customer feedback to inform service delivery improvements.
Build and manage external relationships and key partnerships:
- Engage with business partners, resolve conflicts and build effective relationships.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to plan and implement solutions to business challenges.
- Align key business strategies and goals and ensure deliverables are communicated to internal and external customers; secure necessary documentation and sign-off.
- Build and maintain vendor and supplier relationships, whilst ensuring good communication and clear expectations.
- Ensure that the company's image is enhanced in all interactions with external and internal stakeholders.
- Create opportunities for keeping the organisation and its products/services in front of public and the trade.
Operationalise, align and optimise large strategic Marketing projects:
- Liaise with different business units to understand business needs as they relate to marketing and business campaigns.
- Develop and manage the execution of multiple projects from conception to post implementation.
- Project manage and ensure effective delivery of all campaigns.
- Ensure campaign activities translate into profits or other strategic business objectives and create value for customers and shareholders.
- Oversee short/medium term planning and optimise resource allocation across projects.
- Monitor and measure the success of marketing initiatives, drive corrective action and advise the organisation accordingly.
- Guide and enable change management initiatives and communication requirements for all projects.
- Define and plan delivery of projects from start to completion within the scope, budget, agreed time-lines and to specified quality requirements.
- Perform a coordination and liaison role between project team members and the business.
- Identify possible risks and opportunities and provide contingency plans.
- Analyse the internal service delivery processes, identify areas for improvement and make changes to comply with best practices
The qualifications you will need:
- Relevant Bachelor's Degree: B. Comm in Marketing/Communications and other relevant Investment qualifications.
- Preferred qualification: Honours or Post Graduate business degree.
- Sound knowledge of investments or employee benefits products, leading a team, communication principles, content marketing, writing, editing, proofreading, campaign management and marketing project management.
- 6 - 8 years Marketing/financial industry experience.
- Prior experience in investment/employee benefits industry preferred.
Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
TO APPLY ENTER YOUR EMAIL BELOW
"Our passion for connecting talented people is our purposeful imperative."
- Matt Jankelow, CEO and Founder.
Your career, our priority. Driven by our mission of creating fulfilling careers and transforming marketing teams, we are guided by our values of professionalism, authenticity, accountability and care.
With over 20 years as global recruitment specialists, we enable our highly-skilled people to work for leading and innovative clients. Knowing the global market, let us best match your unique experience and skills to our global opportunities. What are you waiting for?Back to Jobs